SHSL Annual Dinner 2017

Saturday saw the Annual Dinner of the Sherlock Holmes Society of London.


As usual this was held in the House of Commons. This year seemed to be bereft of many regulars whom I've become used to seeing. I saw more new faces this time than in many years.

However the outstanding aspect of the evening was the speaker Mark Billingham. In the last few years (excepting Steven Moffat and Sue Vertue) we've had a number of rather dry speakers. Mark Billingham was hilarious and made me laugh even though I was struggling with a major headache courtesy, I think, of the significant heat in both the cocktail room and the dining room.

Thanks to my headache I didn't take too many pictures but here are a few.











Written by Alistair Duncan Buy my books here

UK US

Comments

Popular Posts